I had no early pregnancy symptoms, so I convinced myself I wasn't pregnant. I started to get a little hopeful when AF hadn't shown up when I went to bed on P+14. (On HCG, my post-peak phase is 13-14 days.)
The next morning (P+15) I decided to take my temperature when I woke up. I know what my temperature usually is post-peak (due to monitoring it occasionally for T3) and that it drops significantly right before AF starts. I didn't want to deal with the drama of waiting anymore, so I figured my temperature would just give it to me straight. My temperature was the same as it was when I took it on P+4 (for T3).
That meant AF wasn't coming on P+15. I stared at the thermometer in disbelief.
I spent the entire day like the picture above.
When I woke up on P+16, it felt like AF had already started. I didn't want to get out of bed. I took my temperature again. It was 0.3 degrees lower than the day before. That's not much of a drop. Silly thermometer. I was confused why it wasn't lower.
I went to the bathroom to face the music...and there was no AF. I was in shock. I started to get excited.
Mid-afternoon came. Still no AF. I was more excited. I may or may not have visited the bathroom every two hours whether I needed to or not just to see if AF had come...
Finally right before dinner I saw some brown spotting. I was really bummed. And mad at myself for hoping. I still had a tiny irrational bit of hope because it was only spotting. But by bedtime it was clear that AF was here. I didn't take it well. I haven't cried that hard in a while. Rationally I know it's only the first cycle since surgery, but it doesn't erase the weight of all the previous cycles ending with a BFN.
DH is ever the optimist about us conceiving someday. Almost every time CD1 arrives, he says to me, "Maybe next cycle." He said it to me last night in an attempt to comfort me. I'm glad he could remind me that this is not the end of the world, even though things look pretty bleak on CD1.
The good news is that I had very minimal menstrual pain so far. There was just a little achy bloating on CD1 and that was it--a definite improvement from last month. Today was CD2, and I had no pain at all.
So now I wait to hear back from PPVI for my cycle review to see if Dr. K wants to try something else for the TEBB.
~ * ~
"...and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." ~Revelation 7:17
"...and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." ~Revelation 7:17

Thank God for hopeful husbands! I'm so sorry that AF decided to show up.
ReplyDeleteContinued prayers!
Oh the 2WW can make a girl feel crazy sometimes! Prayers!
ReplyDeleteThe picture says it all!!! So, so true. I'm sorry this cycle wasn't the one. It's disappointing no matter how "irrational." I agree with JB - praise God for positive husbands! Mine is the same - "maybe next cycle." Prayers for you. I hope the good cry helped...and that's great news about the lack of pain!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so sorry! Yes, thank God for hopeful husbands.
ReplyDeleteOh, that picture is perfect. Sadly :(.
Sending lots of extra prayers your way!
I'm the first anon that commented on your previous post. Just wanted to let you know I've been saying the novena and keeping you in my prayers that you will be blessed with a child. My DH was my rock while trying to conceive our first, and he continues to be amazingly optimistic this time around. Such an amazing gift to have strong, positive men in our lives. That will make him a great father as well when the time comes. MB
ReplyDeletePrayers & Hugs!
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you are able to appreciate your husband's optimism; sometimes I get mad at mine for always being so optimistic. Prayers! I hope your cycle review helps improve the plan.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry it wasn't this time :( That pic is SO spot on....when I'm right in the middle of it though, I'd just as soon flick them both off my shoulders bc that duo of thoughts is enough to drive anyone mad! After about CD 4 I am able to start the hope again... "It could totally be next month!" Praying it is for you!!
ReplyDeleteUgh. So sorry AF made her ugly presence known. Continuing to pray for you!
ReplyDeleteThat graphic is me RIGHT NOW! I expect AF any minute. You're right, a hopeful hubs is a huge help. I've also found it's nice having something scheduled with the doc for that next step of treatment/exploration. It reminds me that this is a process, however long and frustrating. All that said, CD1 usually deserves a good cry though! :(
ReplyDeleteUgh, so sorry AF dragged you through that.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry AF showed. I hate dashed hopes, especially when they get dragged out like yours does.
ReplyDeleteI can so say that I've went to the bathroom every few hours to "check if AF arrived" just like you. :-) I just HATE that she actually did come, and dragged it out like the cruel aunt she is.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you! And KUDOS to your wonderful DH for giving you hope!