Since the FertilityCare website does not yet have a separate list of the ob/gyn graduates of the year-long NaPro surgery fellowship with Dr. Hilgers, I have been keeping track of them for my clients who want to pursue surgery. I created a map with their locations.
View NaPro surgeons in a larger map
If you click on each marker, I listed the name(s) of the surgeons, their current address, and website. For some of the websites, you'll have to search for the physician by name.
Twelve ob/gyns have completed the fellowship. One worked with Dr. H for a year before there was a fellowship. Three more will be trained in the next year, including Dr. H's own son!
Note #1: I added another ob/gyn surgeon to the map (the yellow marker). He did not complete the year-long fellowship. However, he did do a rotation with Dr. H and has co-authored a paper with him, so he is very aware of Dr. H's techniques. He completed a fellowship at the Center for Endometriosis Care in Atlanta, so his training is excellent. He is a medical consultant (trained in medical NaPro). I would recommend him as highly as any of the other surgeons listed. He gave a presentation at the 2012 FertilityCare annual meeting about his surgical techniques and research.
Note #2: Dr. Stegman had been trained in NaPro surgical techniques and practiced in Camp Hill, PA. Before he retired, Dr. Stegman trained another surgeon (the red marker) to take over for him. That surgeon now practices in Louisiana.
This map does not include the many medical consultants who were trained in medical NaPro, a six-month program involving two separate weeks in Omaha (usually).
I will try to keep this map up to date.








Thanks! I am excited to go to Dr Hemphill in October.
ReplyDeleteWow this is so helpful!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! They really do need to do something like that on their website.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I agree. Supposedly it's "in the works."
DeleteWow this is a great idea!!! I can't believe there are only a few. I guess I was lucky to find Dr. Beiter in NJ. He is great.
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome! Wish there were hundreds on that map. Hopefully in good time :)
ReplyDeleteI've been working with Dr. J. Paul Gray in Jackson, TN. I thought he was trained by Dr. Hilgers, but perhaps he didn't do the fellowship and just did the practitioner training?
Here's his info: http://www.wc-nfp.com/about/
Those I mapped above spent a year living in Omaha learning surgical techniques from Dr. Hilgers. Everyone else listed as a medical consultant on the FertilityCare website, including Dr. Gray, did a six month program of study, spending two separate weeks in Omaha (usually), to learn medical NaPro.
DeleteThe practitioner training is what I did in order to learn how to teach CrMS to couples. Some medical consultants choose to do the dual program where they learn to be a CrMS practitioner and a medical consultant at the same time.
BTW--I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Gray. One of the surgical fellows recommended him as a good NaPro physician.
Gotcha! Thanks for the feedback :) Perhaps a separate map of NaPro physicians is in order!
DeleteFrom what I can tell so far, he's a great doctor. He's the only NFP doc in Jackson and he now has a busy practice on his hands. We're looking at a laparoscopy with him at the end of next month (scary!). But I comfortable under his care.
For a long time I've wished that the FertilityCare website had a map of all NaPro physicians. It would be really easy to create it and add it with Goog.le maps...
DeleteThank you so much for posting this information! Great resource!
ReplyDeleteThis is so great! :) Love it! Praying for more and more little push pins!
ReplyDeleteWow - this is super helpful! Can I post it in the FB group? (I'll keep you anonymous, I promise :)).
ReplyDeleteSure.
DeleteWow...I love what you did. It's amazing to see how God is working with Napro so more and more women can get the right treatment that they need. Dr.S in Peoria, IL is great. I'm still endo free a year later and Lord willing...for the rest of my life!
ReplyDeleteIn case anyone is looking into the docs, there is also another Dr. Parker (Michael) in Columbus, OH. He does surgery, but did not fellow train in Omaha, just the medical consultant program, he has been doing robotic surgery for a while.
ReplyDeleteHere is Dr Cudihy's information....he has just relocated from Camp Hill, PA to Layfayette, LA.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I added him to the map. His new partner gave his testimony at the AAFCP meeting a few weeks ago. He has an incredible conversion story. He said he had been praying for an NFP-only doctor to join his practice for many years and was so excited to finally find one this year. I had no idea it was Dr. Cudihy!
Deleteit would help if I add the link: http://acadianaobgyn.com/doctors.html
ReplyDelete