"All for the Best"
| When you feel sad or under a curse | Three letters...PMS!! |
| Your life is bad, | Cooking dinner tonight filled the kitchen and living room with smoke. Thick smoke. We didn't notice until the smoke detector went off because we were in the next room... Oops. Hours later we still have a fan running. |
| your prospects are worse | My job might end in six months due to lack of funds. Several things have to go right but I'm hopeful... |
| Your wife is crying, sighing... | DH could say this about me the last two days (thank you, PMS). |
| And your olive tree is dying, | We have three potted plants that are dying. :( I don't have a green thumb. |
| Temples are graying, | I notice a few new gray hairs at least once a week. |
| and teeth are decaying | The dentist this week said one of my teeth is so bad that when the filling falls out I'll need a crown. |
| And creditors weighing your purse... | The big surgery bill is sitting next to the computer. It's due next week. |
| Your mood and your robe are both a deep blue | Yes and yes. (my mood is much better now, however) And I actually have a blue robe! |
| You'd bet that Job had nothin' on you... | Ha. Okay, it's not that bad. |
| Don't forget that when you go to Heaven you'll be blessed... | That thought puts all of this in perspective. |
| Yes, it's all for the best... | And tomorrow is another day. :) |
What a great comparison! Praying for things to be better!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great post! Hang in there :) It WILL get better.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, i would have fallen over. It sounds like the song was meant for you today. I am glad it is better and all in perspective!
ReplyDeleteYa know...
ReplyDeleteSome men are born to live at ease, doing what they please, richer than the bees are in honey, never growing old, never feeling cold, pulling pots of gold from thin air! The best of every town, best at shaking down, best at making mountains of money - they can't take it with them, but what do they care? They get the center of the meat, cushions on the seat, houses on the street where it's sunny, summers at the sea, winters warm and free, all of this and we get the rest! But who is the land for, the sun and the sand for, you guessed - it's all for the best!
(I LOVE Godspell! I was in it in 8th grade, and it is still one of my favorite memories and favorite shows ever.)
Funny how that was the song you related to, though... I thought for sure when I clicked over that you were going to say it was Day by Day or By My Side :)
such a cute post! Loved the Job part ;) life always seems better when you compare it to Job, right?! :) Hope things start looking up very soon!
ReplyDelete