One of the consolations I have appreciated with IF is the fact that I'm not going through it alone—it affects us a couple not just me as an individual. Granted I am taking it a lot harder than DH, he is hurting too, even though he is reluctant to show it most of the time or doesn't know how to express it. I've heard the saying that with IF, the woman grieves, and the man watches her grieve (or he grieves because she is grieving). This is definitely true for us to an extent. Even though he doesn't show his sadness or disappointment often, he has been trying to support me in any way he can. DH has been incredibly sweet recently. He sees that I have been having a hard time as of late (e.g. crying more), which is kind of hard to miss. ;) So yesterday when we had planned to watch a nice Christmas-related movie, he surprised me by putting "Pride and Prejudice" (the six-hour BBC version!!) in the DVD player. Let's be honest. This movie is not his cup of tea. ;) He has watched it with me twice (not in one sitting, of course) in the past. I assumed that whenever I would watch from then on would be by myself or with my girlfriends...and he knew I was fine with that. So for him to choose it without me asking for it and volunteer to watch it with me meant he only did it to comfort me and make me happy. He is such a sweetheart. (He has also been known to tell the husbands of my Jane Austen-movie-loving friends that it's their "duty" to watch the entire thing once with their wife...he takes the whole "laying down your life" or sacrificing for your wife seriously...) I'm not going to complain if that's how he interprets Ephesians 5. hahaha ;)
On a totally unrelated note...
I finished the second antibiotic (cephalexin) this cycle. I started it on CD1, and it didn't clear up any TEBB; on the contrary, I had TEBB to CD12. However, I wonder if its effects on TEBB would only be seen in subsequent cycles and not this one because whatever "remnants" of the uterine infection can't just disappear instantaneously upon starting an antibiotic...right? The remnants would have to be expelled with my period this cycle in the hopes that they are gone in the next cycle or two. That is complete speculation on my part but it makes sense to me, so I wasn't expecting TEBB to disappear already this cycle. Feel free to correct me... Of course, this is all assuming that the infection is the cause of the TEBB...
I had zero adverse effects with the cephalexin, which is fabulous. I did take a probiotic and will continue until the bottle is gone, so that may have helped. I need all the good bacteria I can get to replenish the ones killed by the antibiotic. :) One thing I am SUPER excited about is a positive side effect of the drug—my face and back have never looked better!!!! I totally did not know that cephalexin is also used to treat acne!! Woohoo!! I hope this lasts. I love clear skin!! (I have battled acne since high school, and it's been worse in my 20s than it was in my teens...)
Since the antibiotic was supposed to clear up the Group B strep, I will be having my second round of hematology labs this Friday. I don't know what labs Dr. D ordered, but he said I have to be (mostly) fasting when my blood is drawn—only juice, toast, and jelly are acceptable that morning. Since I'm intolerant to gluten, there will be no toast... (I'm not a huge fan of the gluten-free varieties.) And he said "no relations" the night before. That was his phrase, not mine. "Relations" seems a little old fashioned to me, but I thought it was a cute way to say it and very respectful. :) (Dr. D appears to be close to retirement, so maybe it's a generational thing...?) I guess I'm just used to more straightforward terms. I use "intercourse" when talking with CrMS clients. To each his own, I suppose.
Awe, I love the movie part. Did that not just make you so happy!! I was smiling the whole way through reading that:)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your in good spirits:) HUGS
My TEBB didn't clear up completely until my laparotomy. Sorry, that isn't much of a consolation!
ReplyDeleteI love it that your husband watched the movie with you! He's quite a guy!!!
Our DH must be related!! Mine also shows me his love by watching time and time again Jane Austen movies.
ReplyDeleteWe are both very lucky!
I love that movie! What a sweet DH.
ReplyDeleteAh! My dh and I just watched that the other night AND did a video blog about it, too...which I haven't posted yet...but I will!
ReplyDelete