page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day of surgery

Today has gone really well.  Surgery started at 8:00 a.m.  I was out of surgery after about 3.5 hours.  I remember a little of the communal post-op room, but  there's a hole in my memory until I woke up in a private room around 1:00 p.m.

The post-op nurse gave me some toradol in my IV for pain, which worked so well that I was nearly pain-free.  It is some amazing stuff. :)  I haven't needed any other pain meds.

I've felt so much better than I did after my previous robotic lap.  The anti-nausea patch behind my ear is working quite well.  I was allowed to eat solid foods at 3:00 pm; snacks never tasted so good.  Around 5:00 p.m. I took an escorted walk down the hallway and then spent several hours sitting up in the chair next to my bed.  Two years ago I didn't get out of bed until the following morning and that was only to go to the bathroom.  I'm guessing that part of the difference is that two years ago one of my incisions had to be made larger so fibroid could be removed; that wasn't necessary today.

The catheter was removed at 6:30 p.m.  It hurt and left me with uncomfortable cramps.  However, I am happy to report my bladder has been working quite well, both before and after catheter removal.  (I'm sure you all wanted to know that.) That's a definite improvement from two years ago.

A nutritionist stopped by to help figure out what I could eat for dinner with all my food intolerances.  She was really helpful and ended up going to the grocery store to get a few items just for my dinner.  I was so impressed and grateful.  She even called me from the grocery store to confirm that a couple ingredients would be okay.


My dinner was delicious.  :)  (That's almond milk in the white cup!)

The goal for my discharge is still by lunch tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is going so well :-). Prayers for a continued quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for a speedy recovery and getting to sleep in your own bed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for a swift and easy recovery. :) That dinner looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just heard that you are headed home now. So glad this has been such a positive experience overall. Amazing nutrition for a hospital - so happy they took such good care of you. Also, so glad you weren't it pain. Amen! Speedy recovery prayers coming your way now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that the patch is working well and that surgery went well! Prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad things went well, speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)