![]() |
| The spirometer. I take a deep breath, and it tells me how much air I inspired. There's some prune juice in the background. Good stuff. |
I am a little nervous for my phone follow-up with Dr. E tomorrow. She told me that she removed all the endo, but there was more to the story. I have little black spots all over my abdominal cavity, which she assumed to be carbon deposits. She said she has never seen something like this before. She could only biopsy them with the robot, so there was no way to know what they were for sure until this surgery. The path report confirmed they are an inflammatory response which usually happens as a reaction to a foreign body. Dr. E wrote me a very brief e-mail saying she thought they were a reaction to the vaporization of endo (from the surgery with her two years ago). I have no idea what this means. Do I need another surgery? Do they affect fertility? I do remember when Dr. E stopped by to check on me the morning after surgery she brought up these carbon deposits. She said that if they needed to be removed, it would require a lot of work because she'd have to cut off a whole layer of tissue (these carbon deposits are everywhere), and then she'd place Gore-tex (material to help prevent adhesions) that either would be removed in another surgery a week later or would be left there permanently. I am hoping there will be no more surgery, but lots of little spots of inflammation don't sound too good to me. We shall see...

Glad to hear you are recovering well and feeling better in comparison to November. Yay for that! Praying for your follow-up and this inflammatory response. <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info. I myself have a consult scheduled in March for endo removal. I am pretty nervous....also very new to this whole blogging thing. I started my own blog, so we will see how that goes!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your recovery is going well! Prayers that your follow-up today went well.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear this recovery is going well for ya. :) Hoping the follow-up was good today! Yikes! Never heard of black spots/carbon deposits! Interested to hear more and really hoping it's nothing you have to worry about.
ReplyDeleteHope the follow up is good and you gave no more surgeries!!!
ReplyDelete