I don't need more drama during the post-peak phase; PMS is usually enough for me as it is. This story probably wouldn't be so bad if you took my PMS out of the picture. I thought maybe writing out what happened would make me feel better.
Things are definitely not dull here while DH is away on his business trip. I mentioned before that he put a hold on our mail so I wouldn't have to worry about it while he's gone. It's normally his job to get the mail (we live in an apartment complex) but I don't mind doing it. He just wanted one less thing on my to-do list. The thought was sweet of him. However this meant I didn't get my new meds right away, which were being mailed from the pharmacy. I wanted to get started on the LDN as soon as possible to see if it might help my PMS this cycle, and I would need the HCG for the last injection this cycle; I had some leftover in the fridge from last cycle to get me through part of this cycle.
So I called the post office toll-free number to find out where our mail was being held. I managed to get to that particular post office before it closed on Friday. I waited in a long line only to find out when it was my turn that our mail was being held across town. :( I had 15 minutes to get there before they closed for the weekend. I tried not to panic even though it was rush hour. I arrived with a few minutes to spare and joined several others in line. When I got to the front of the line the clerk took down my info and went in the back to retrieve our mail. She couldn't find it. Neither could another worker. I said I was waiting for a package which would be harder to miss than just an envelope. The second lady said they have problems sometimes with hold requests made online, so she said she'd contact the mail carrier on our route and call me if she found out anything. I left with the sinking feeling I wouldn't be able to get either of the medications in time. I was upset. How ironic is this that PMS rears its ugly head during my hunt for medicines that could help my PMS... The package was either lost or it was in our small mailbox. I had assumed it was too large to fit but maybe I was wrong. If DH were home this wouldn't have been a problem.
However, DH had the only copy of our mailbox key with him on his trip so I couldn't open our mailbox.
My only chance was to catch our mail lady on Saturday while she had the mailboxes open and beg her for the package. I left the window open in case I could hear the mail truck drive by—sometimes I can—and I totally stalked the mailboxes. :)
I heard the truck arrive. Thank you, Jesus. If you haven't gathered that I was desperate for both meds, I was. ;)
I grabbed my driver’s license for ID just in case and ran to the mailboxes. I could see the package in our box! Not wanting to appear desperate, I casually asked if there was a package for me. She said, “Oh, you're the girl looking for her package.” She handed it to me along with the rest of our mail. I ran back to our apartment and tore open the package from the pharmacy. I pulled out two bottles of LDN. To my dismay there was nothing else in there.
No HCG.
It was enough to make me cry. (I'm less than rational while PMSing.)
I don't know why they didn't send the HCG. When ordering it, I made a separate call to ask for the HCG refill--not five minutes after ordering the LDN-- and I knew I had a refill remaining on the prescription. I had even asked if they could mail the two meds in the same package, which the pharmacy employee affirmed. *sigh* It was pointless to call now and ask them again to send it because it would be too late to use it this cycle by the time I'd receive it.
So this meant I would be missing one day's dose of HCG this cycle. I guess that's not the worst thing that could happen. I really wanted to maximize our chances of success this cycle (and every cycle!) just in case... It’s disappointing.
But wait, there's more.
When it was time to do my second-to-last HCG dose, it didn’t look like there was enough medicine left for a full dose. After drawing it up, I learned I was correct. Instead of 2 mL, there was barely 0.5 mL. More disappointment. I guess last cycle we injected a little extra HCG which would explain why I was short this cycle. It’s bad enough having AF arrive when you’re TTC, but when you know you didn’t do everything you could to keep AF away, it feels like a wasted cycle.
Well, at least for next cycle, my list of meds and vitamins will grow noticeably, so that’s something to look forward to. And DH will be back so there won't be a mailbox fiasco. ;)
My hubby gets the mail too. This kind of mixup sounds exactly like the kind of mixup we would have. :) I am so sorry you had to deal with all that... I would have been so frustrated too. PMS is bad enough without all this!
ReplyDeleteUgh- so frustrating. Sorry you have to deal with the mailbox stress and no HCG.
ReplyDeleteArgh! How frustrating!
ReplyDeleteMr JB also gets our mail, but it's because my bf lost my copy of the key. A silly story, but annoying nonetheless!
Argh..I'm annoyed for you. What a PIA! Do u order from kubats? That happened to me before, I made them overnight it for free. Sorry pms is showing her ugly head!! Still praying.....
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. I just had a similar problem with Kubats. The vial I received of progesterone was supposed to have enough for 5 shots and I got 3 out of it. So I complained and they shipped me a new vial for free. It's much fuller than the first. I'm starting to think they were trying to rip me off? I hate thinking that way because they've been pretty good in the past, but it doesn't seem right. Anyway, I digress. But I do feel your frustration. Hang in there :)
ReplyDeleteWait a second... one month we were one shot short too!? Supposed to have 5 but only came with 3 doses. We thought we had just measured wrong (but that didn't really sound right).
ReplyDeleteHey, I was wondering if everything was ok. Had mailed you some time back. Hope u r doing fine.
ReplyDeleteHow frustrating!
ReplyDelete