page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Friday, February 8, 2013

Getting ready for surgery

My surgery is this afternoon.  I don't feel too nervous, which is a blessing.  The thing that is making me a bit nervous is the fact that I won't know until I wake up what kind of surgery was done and how long my recovery will be (few days vs. 2 weeks).  I was really starting to get anxious about everything on Saturday.  Then on Sunday I received the Anointing of the Sick and all the anxiety melted away (and stayed away since then!).  My parish priest was really concerned that I was asking for the sacrament (I don't think it's too often that he administers it to a younger person).  He said some really kind and comforting things to me and assured us of his prayers.

Getting ready for surgery has been similar to last time--don't eat anything the day of, don't use deodorant, etc.  This time I had to shower with a special antiseptic soap.  Last time it was a water-only shower (no soap at all).  It's interesting to see the differences between hospitals.  The bowel prep wasn't too bad.  I just had to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate.  It takes like Smarties (the candy) dissolved in water.

I'll update when I am feeling up to it.  :)  Please pray that everything goes well.

12 comments:

  1. Praying for you polkadot! I hope and pray everything goes well and that your recovery is not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you this afternoon- I will offer you up in prayer and hope this is the last surgery you will be getting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you, polkadot. Here's hoping that everything goes smoothly and yields positive results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are praying over here as well! and I'm with Rita's Roses. Last surgery?! Pretty pretty please, God?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been praying since this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying! Anxious to hear the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you! Keep us posted when you can!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)