page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Polypharmacy

And I'm only 30.

Here's my current list:
  • LDN
  • Fish oil
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin D3
  • Calcium/vitamin D
  • Prenatal vitamin
  • HCG (post-peak)
  • Probiotic

Every morning I fill up a little container with all the pills for the day.  DH took one look at my (filled) container and asked, “How old are you??  80??”  Not funny, DH.  Not funny.  ;)

My med list isn't that long, compared to some of you.  But with the latest additions, I am starting to feel a little elderly with the number of pills I'm taking per day.  Yes, most of them are OTC but it still adds up.  I would use a regular pill box that I could fill weekly but I’d have to get a huge one.  That might really reinforce the elderly feeling.  ;)  I am thankful that I don't have to set an alarm to take any of them like I did when I was on antibiotics so I wouldn't miss a dose.  I suppose I shouldn’t speak too soon; I am becoming a patient at the PPVI Institute, which means I may go back on antibiotics and/or T3.  Years ago when I was a patient at PPVI they had me on T3.  And my TEBB refuses to go away so I assume they’ll recommend an antibiotic I haven’t tried already.  Infection and adrenal fatigue are the only two remaining causes for my TEBB that haven’t been fully investigated.  The other (known) causes have been pretty much ruled out or are currently being treated.  I suppose there’s always a chance my TEBB is “unexplained” but let’s not talk about that now.  ;)

I'm going to be doing some traveling soon so I need to stay extra organized with all these pills.  I don't want to bring all the bottles with me...it would take up half of my bag I think!  This will be the first time I’ll have to transport syringes and HCG.  Can't a girl catch a break and have a nice vacation without having to lug along all her injection supplies?  ;)  I guess we'll just do the best we can.

7 comments:

  1. Question: did they do an endometrial scrape before they put you on antibiotics for TEBB? Or did PPVI just put you on antibiotics? Dr. H is recommending this scrape (culture), and honestly, I am terrified! I have a pelvic floor issue, and I am afraid a painful pelvic procedure could undo all my physical therapy. I'd rather just take the antibiotics to see if the clear up TEBB. Anyway sorry this comment is all about me haha, but it sounds like our charts show some similar issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need an old man pill sorter (at least that's what I call my pill organizer!)! Don't feel bad, just go over to my blog and see the list that I had to send PPVI, it's nuts!

    And don't worry about traveling with syringes. I didn't have any hassle when we went to the Dominican!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for being so organized. I am on vacation and didn't bring any of my pills except LDN. Have a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there and done that! haha. Just remember to have a prescription with you for the HCG just in case they ask when it comes to the syringes. They never stopped me in the airport but you never know these days...it wouldn't surprise me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're working with the PPVI now :)
    Sorry I missed you at this year's meeting (did you go?) hopefully I'll get to see you again next year in Salt Lake City!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone ever mentioned that calcium and magnesium need to be taken in equal amounts? Calcium serves as a hardener, yes, and mag is needed to provide the elasticity to offset the calcium and prevent brittleness. I personally use a transdermal form as research suggests it is the most effective way for the body to absorb magnesium. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. People have no idea. No idea!

    I keep mine dailies in a shoe box. The pill boxes are too small, now.

    Little JoAnn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)