Happy Lent! The last few years I have really looked forward to the beginning of Lent. I need the discipline. I need to sacrifice. I need to become less attached to material things. This year is no different. My Lenten resolutions are definitely challenging me so far, but I'm hopeful for the spiritual growth that might result. :) DH and I are sharing one (prayer-related) resolution, so it's nice to be able to do it together as a couple.
As for my post-surgery recovery, I think I finally stopped bleeding. (I'm sure you all wanted to know that.) ;) It's been three weeks of mostly light with the occasional moderate day. One of the nurses said some women bleed for four weeks after surgery, so I guess this is in the normal range. I think starting Provera on Sunday may have something to do with it. Starting the Provera means I'm done with the Premarin. Hooray!! DH and I were counting down the days until I finished that prescription. The effects it had on my mood were not pretty. I think in my last post I said it made me "slightly more irritable." That was putting it mildly. Things definitely got worse after that. It was like I was looking in on myself, seeing rather intense negative emotions but feeling powerless to make them go away. The smallest things would make me fuming mad. I was aware that I was being completely irrational but couldn't do anything about it. I'm sure the insomnia I had didn't help matters either. Hopefully that is all behind me! I do look forward to being done with these medications, but I suppose an infertile girl is never too far from more medications... ;)
By the time I'm finished with the Provera, it will be four weeks since my surgery. I had wondered back before surgery how long the doctor would want us to wait before TTC again. I had hoped maybe it would be as soon as the Provera was done. We weren't told on the day of surgery what our TTC timeline would be, but the discharge instructions did include this: no intercourse for six weeks. That was a surprise. It makes sense that my uterus needs to heal for a while after the "remodeling" (as I call it) that was done, but I wasn't expecting six weeks. It's doesn't completely coincide with Lent, but the length of time is the same...would you call it fasting even if the doctor is making us do it? ;) In reality, I don't think it will be as hard as it sounds. I suppose it's easy for me to say that now, right? Only 2.5 weeks to go! ;)
Sounds like you are having a good Lent! Isn't abstinence the best... ;) However, in all seriousness, despite the moments of pure frustration, our periods of abstinence were amazing for our marriage. It brought us closer as a couple, and we are stronger for it.
ReplyDeletePraying for you! 2.5 weeks will fly by! Scrabble, anyone? ;)
"Remodeling"--Love it!
ReplyDeleteIf you've already made it 3.5 weeks, 2.5 should be a breeze, right? ;)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! We are experiencing the same "drought" too. My big surgery was only two weeks ago so we will probably have to wait another 3-4 weeks. Not going to be easy!! Usually I have the opposite problem and don't want to...suddenly I have surgery and all I wanna do is jump my husband! Haha what is with that? I think it still counts as a Lenten sacrifice, I am counting it anyway. :)
ReplyDeleteHebrews...I thought the same thing post surgery...for years I didn't want anything to do with sex and post surgery that is all I could think about...ha ha!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like your healing both physical and spiritual is really happening. So glad you could share with us your update. I only had 1 surgery to remove a polyp but boy was I ever anxious to get going after that operation. And, it was on the first cycle after my hysterscope after I removed that polyp that I did conceive and keep my pregnancy. So here's to cycles after surgeries!
ReplyDelete