![]() |
| Painting of St. Gianna at the Shrine of Lady of Guadalupe in La Crosse, WI |
I'm going to pray a novena to St. Gianna for all those waiting to hold children of their own in their arms. I'll be praying for all the lovely ladies who have IF blogs (that I know of), a few IRL acquaintances and clients, everyone in the FB group, and anyone who reads my blog. If you don't have a blog (or if you do) and you'd like me to pray for you by name, please leave your name and any information about yourself you'd like to share in the comments. Or you can e-mail me; see the e-mail tab above. While many of you are praying for me this month for Adopt-A-Blogger, I would like to pray for all of you.
The novena is below. It starts on Friday, April 19 and ends on April 27.
(Interesting random fact of the day: Did you know that the number nine is the number of imperfection (ten is perfect), so it's fitting that a novena lasts nine days because it is "man's imperfection turned in prayer to God?" St. Jerome said, "The number nine in Holy Writ is indicative of suffering and grief." source I didn't know that before today.)
Novena To Obtain Graces Through Saint Gianna Beretta Molla
God, our Father, You have granted to Your church the gift of Gianna Beretta Molla. In her youth she lovingly sought You and drew other young people to You, involving them, through apostolic witness and Catholic Action, in the care of the sick and aged, to help and comfort them.
We thank You for the gift of this young woman, so deeply committed to You. Through her example grant us the grace to consecrate our lives to Your service, for the joy of our brothers and sisters.
Glory be …
Jesus, Redeemer of mankind, You called Saint Gianna to exercise the medical profession as a mission for the comfort of bodies and souls. In her suffering fellow men and in the little ones, deprived of all support, she saw You.
We thank You for having revealed Yourself to this servant as “one who serves” and who soothes the sufferings of men. Treasuring her example may we become generous Christians at the service of our brothers and sisters, especially those with whom You deign to share Your Cross.
Glory be…
God, Sanctifying Spirit, who love the Church as Your Bride, You poured into the heart of Saint Gianna a share of Your Love so that she could radiate it in her family, and thus cooperate with You in the wonderful plan of creation, and give life to new children who could know and love You.
We thank You for this model wife and, through her encouraging witness, we beg You to grant to our families the serene and Christian presence of mothers committed to transform their homes into cenacles of faith and love, rich with generous activity and sanctifying service.
Glory be…
O God, Creator and lover of mankind, You were close to Saint Gianna when, affected by illness, she was in the painful dilemma of choosing between her own life and the life of the child whom she was carrying in herself, a gift long-awaited. Trusting You alone, and aware of Your Commandment to respect human life, Gianna found the courage to do her duty as a mother and to say “yes” to the new life of her baby, generously sacrificing her own. Through the intercession of Mary, Mother of Jesus, and after the example of Gianna, inspire all mothers to welcome with love the sparkle of new life. Grant us the grace we are praying for …………. and the joy to find an inspiration in Saint Gianna who, as a model spouse and mother, after the example of Christ, gave up her life for the life of others.
Hail Mary…









I'm in!
ReplyDeleteThank-you for sharing the information about the number 9 and novenas. I'm horrible at them, but I think with that motivation, I just might make it through this one in, well, 9 days! (Usually it takes me at least a month to get 9 days in a row - shameful, I know).
ReplyDeleteIt has been a pleasure to pray for you this month and you will remain in my prayers!
No, it's not shameful. Just human. I need reminders to get through nine days; usually I save the text of the novena in a separate file and put the shortcut in the middle of my desktop so I can't miss it. Or if it's a website, I make a (large) shortcut in the bookmarks toolbar in my browser so I see it when I'm online.
DeleteI am in! My marriage anniversary is on her Feast day!
ReplyDeleteMy intentions are for more children for our family: biological and/or adoption, for Napro in Mexico and Latin America, for my DH job.
Praying for you!
You have my prayers, and I'd appreciate yours. We struggled to conceive our first, and it seems it will be a struggle to add to our family. I'm so blessed to have him, and week be fine with just him, but if it is His will, we would love to add to our family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this! I'll join the novena too, for the same intentions as you. ...and I'll pray extra hard for you, as the blogger o' the month =)
ReplyDeletePlease add me to your prayers as I will you. I will be starting the novena on Friday as well. We are struggeling with secondary infertility. We want so much to grow our family and a sibling for our daughter. I feel very thankful for Napro and the community of infertily blogs. Thank you for your blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this post! I'll be starting Friday and keeping the online IF community in my prayers as I also pray for guidance for doc so we can find out what is going on with my fertility.
ReplyDeleteCourse, I have to go write myself reminders right now if I'm gonna get it done.
Thank you! I would love the prayers! I have/had extremely severe endometriosis, just had my first laparoscopy in February and they were able to remove about 80%. My husband and I have been married and TTC 2.5 years. Thank you and I will be praying the novena along with you!
ReplyDelete-Rose
Thank you for the novena reminder. Please pray for my husband and me, and our baby girl. We struggled to conceive and we want to grow our family more. We want to have a big family. We are so thankful for our little girl, but please pray we can have many more children. Also, please pray for my husband's job search. You and all who are waiting for children will be in my prayers. St. Gianna, Pray for us!!!
ReplyDeleteI am late in reading this but I am starting today!! love that bit about the 9days (and I am SUPER terrible at novenas too but every time I am determined to do better! I'm praying for you...and thanks for praying for us too!!
ReplyDelete