page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Friday, March 8, 2013

Nearly normal

It's been four weeks since surgery.  I'm feeling good.  I'd say I'm 95% back to normal.  I can't bend forward all the way to touch my toes but I can pick something up off the ground if I lower myself to a squat first.  It's nice not to have to use my feet to pick up things I drop.  I do recommend practicing that with your feet; it's a good skill to have.  :)  I never realized how often I drop things, especially socks, until it became a challenge to get my hand to the floor.  Cell phones are a bit tricky to pick up with feet, but manageable.  Pill bottles and water bottles are a lost cause.

I haven't taken any pain medicine since last Friday.  Yay!  My "big" scar does still ache on and off, but it's not too bad.  It protests quite a bit when I try to lie flat on my stomach but I can get by without doing that for now and just sleep on my side.

I am happy to report that my toenails are now a lovely shade of bright pink.  I thought that for my surgery two years ago I remember them saying that I couldn't have any nail polish on, so I went into this surgery with naked toenails even though I didn't see that in my instructions.  Painted toenails make me happy even if no one else sees them (and even if I'm wearing socks all day), so mine are pretty much always red or pink.  For the first two and a half weeks after surgery there was no way I could reach my toes, so it's sort of a recovery milestone that I can do that again.  :)

I'm somewhat disappointed that my first period after surgery was almost as painful as it was just before surgery.  It wasn't bad enough to require ibuprofen, but after almost three weeks of prescription-strength ibuprofen I preferred to tough it out rather than subject my stomach to more abuse.  I'm hoping the pain was at least a little related to being post-surgery and that next cycle will be better.

9 comments:

  1. I am glad your recovery is going well! I agree picking things up with your feet is a good skill to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear that you're almost back to normal. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there and keep asking for healing. God still does miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for painted pink toes! :-)
    I'm glad that you are feeling better! I hope your periods get better with time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your toes look great! I know I wouldn't have been able to do mine a month after my surgeries!

    My first few periods post-op were bad, but now I only have to take pain meds the first couple of days. It's a BIG difference. Remember you're still healing.

    Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to pray for your recovery! I would think the pain has to be partly because you're still healing.

    Yay for painted toenails! I just painted my fingernails bright pink this morning! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can peel a banana with my feet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaa @Ania!
    Isn't it amazing how lovely painted fingers/toes can change your whole mood?? It does for me too! So glad you're doing better..continued prayers for full recovery!! Oh, and my mom always picked things up with her feet and I do too from time to time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're feeling better!!! And I couldn't agree more...painted toe nails or finger nails seem to make things so much better at times!!! I love the color by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)