I had my post-op appointment with Dr. C last week. He went over the pathology report from surgery and told me that he had found stage II endometriosis. Now I'm totally endo free. :)
I learned that I misunderstood one of the discharge instructions... When Dr. C went to look at my incisions, he was surprised to see all three of them covered with gauze and clear tape—just like he had left them on the day of surgery. He asked if I had recovered them since then. Umm, no...the nurse told us (so I thought) that I was not to touch the bandages; they would fall off over time. I wasn't in any rush to see my new scars, so I obeyed. Apparently, I was supposed to take the bandages off the day after surgery. Oops. Dr. C laughed a little and then proceeded to peel off the tape. Ouch. It would have been better if I had done that at home... Everything is healing nicely though. Instead of a visible scar for the middle incision, I pretty much have a new belly button. It's sort of funny looking, in my opinion, because I was used to my old one, but I guess it will have to do. ;)
Now I am to expect a withdrawal bleed (quasi period) after finishing the Provera. I think my body started the withdrawal bleed early, but that's another story. After my first normal cycle, which is projected to end about a month after the withdrawal bleed, we can TTC again. That is assuming, of course, that my body goes back to normal cycles right away. If we're not pregnant after six cycles, we'll recheck my hormone levels and go from there. Sounds like a plan. I like to have a plan.
I asked Dr. C if we could check my vitamin D and thyroid levels while we're waiting. I've never had my vitamin D checked, and it's been over three years since my last thyroid level. He agreed, but he wants it to be done when I'm back to normal cycles. Fair enough. I had been curious about my vitamin D since hearing a presentation on it at the FertilityCare conference last summer and figured now was as a good a time as any to have it checked. :) I've seen several articles that say most of the population is deficient, so we'll see how bad my level is. I just might have to prescribe myself some time in the sun!








Having a plan in place is always a good feeling--you've got something to look forward to!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great appointment!
ReplyDeleteGlad your appointment went well, it is so good to have a plan.
ReplyDeleteI am so hopeful for you!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for replying. My email is blessedbelord@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear that finally your are endo free. Praying and hoping for the best with the new TTC Plan.