Recovery from my surgery has been going well. The incisions ache off and on, but it's pretty minor. I can bend over (creatively) and pick something up from the floor. I can get in and out of the car nearly pain-free. Sneezing and coughing scare me (because they make me feel like my incisions are going to burst open), so I try to avoid those if possible. ;) After a doctor-ordered week in the passenger seat, it's nice to be able to drive again. I still cringe a little driving over bumps in the road. Maybe it's just that the seat belt is positioned right over my incisions... I have a newfound love for recently paved roads. :)
Somehow I managed by myself to take out the stent (balloon) that was keeping my uterus open (without passing out!). It turned out to be no larger than a half-dollar in its deflated state. Of course my uterus protested quite a bit at having to shrink back to its usual size requiring me to take both pain medications again. It was very similar to what I felt after the endometrial biopsy, but it lasted a lot longer. I should have known and premedicated! Oh well. Instead of going to a church-sponsored social event that night, we stayed in a watched a movie. I love staying in—don't get me wrong—but I was a bit bummed to miss the event. On the bright side, I woke up the next morning feeling FABULOUS. Seriously, fabulous.
My ability to walk normally is improving. We stopped at the grocery store after Mass on Sunday, and DH grabbed a shopping cart in the parking lot. He said I could use it as a walker. hahaha I had been joking a few days prior that I needed a cane the way I was hobbling everywhere.
I am down to taking just one medication—Premarin (estrogen). It seems to be making me slightly more irritable that usual, so I'm glad I only have a week and half left of it. I also seem to be more aware of how DH smells, which is an odd observation, I know. More precisely, I have been more repulsed than normal by how he smells when he comes home from work. His workplace has an odd smell, so his clothes absorb whatever that smell is, and it's not so pleasant. Yesterday when DH came home I couldn't stand to be near him as he greeted me because of his smell. I immediately sent him away so he could change his clothes, which in retrospect is not the nicest thing a wife can do when her husband comes home after a long day. Maybe it's similar to the phenomenon that when you take the bi.rth cont.rol pill, it changes the pheromones you're attracted to in a man—so much so that you become attracted to the opposite pheromones than you would have been when you are not on the pill. It's fascinating stuff. See this article for more info. Is the estrogen changing my pheromone preferences?? I am trying to be extra affectionate with DH in an attempt to counteract this whole smell issue. I've also been telling him that I love him, but not his pheromones. ;)








I am glad you are feeling better!!! hope you are back to normal 100% pretty soon!
ReplyDeleteYou took the stent out. Brave woman you. Day by day, I am praying for you to feel better and better and better until you leap up and feel GREAT and so happy to be alive. So brave. You are so brave. Keep posting and updating.
ReplyDeleteThank you for updating! Remember to take it easy and to give your body time to heal!
ReplyDeleteBtw, I have a very good sense of smell and there have been many times when I have complained to Mr JB (mainly about his hair products!). I'm sure your husband understands!