I just wanted to post a reminder that the St. Andrew novena starts today, the feast of St. Andrew. The prayer to the right is prayed 15 times each day from November 30 through Christmas. DH and I usually pray all 15 prayers right before bed during our normal prayer time. I've found it to be a nice way to quiet my mind and really reflect on the birth of Christ as we prepare to celebrate Christmas. Even though it's a short prayer, I find myself focusing on a different phrase each day (like "in piercing cold"), which helps me imagine what it would have been like to be there. I thought the timing this year is perfect because it's also the beginning of Advent, so we'll be praying by candlelight (from the Advent wreath).DH and I have prayed the St. Andrew novena for the past few years. I know some IFers have conceived after praying it, and I still pray that it might happen for us and others who are still waiting, but even if we don't conceive, it has become one of my favorite prayers and a family tradition. (Family=DH+me) :)
Two years ago I made a chaplet with 15 beads so I wouldn't have to count while we prayed. If you'd like to make one, it's pretty easy to do. I have no prior jewelry making experience...just taught myself from an online tutorial. And the supplies aren't too expensive.
Happy Advent!









Thank you so much for the reminder! This will be my first year praying this novena. Lovely chaplet :)
ReplyDelete