My prolactin level rechecked last week was 1 ng/ml. That's pretty low. Maybe a tad too low... (goal is under 10; I started at 60)
The endocrinologist mailed me a letter with the result. She said I should reduce my dose from taking the medicine twice a day to once a day. I passed the information along to Dr. K. Apparently there was a bit of a miscommunication when the medication was called into my pharmacy. This reduced dose is actually what my starting dose was supposed to be. Ooops. Dr. K thought the mistake happened because the order was given verbally to the pharmacy instead of in writing. Also the pharmacist maybe thought there was a mistake with Dr. K's order because it meant I had to cut each pill in half since it doesn't come in smaller doses (which is exactly what she intended).
So I started at double the typical initial dose... That might explain the crazy side effects I had on the first day or so and the ongoing random bouts of dizziness. (I almost fainted at Mass last week for the second time.) I'm glad nothing worse happened. I hope with this lower dose the dizziness goes away.
The prolactin medicine and/or whatever caused my TEBB to disappear (this is the second cycle without TEBB in a row!) is having a great effect on my hormones. My P+7 values have been in the normal range for a long time, thanks to low-dose Clomid and post-peak HCG. However, my P+7 results from last cycle—the first cycle on bromocriptine and no TEBB—set a new personal record. They pretty much blew all previous months out of the water.
| Last cycle | Goal | My typical value | My previous high | |
| Estradiol | 53 | >12 | 30 | 40 |
| Progesterone | 73 | >13 | 20 | 58 |
So no TEBB = very happy hormones. If this keeps up, I wonder if Dr. K will have me stop the Clomid? Now if only this would lead to a pregnancy... :)









Hmmm, now I'm wondering about my prolactin levels....
ReplyDeleteAnd so glad they caught the mistake before more problems were caused, many prayers for you!! So hoping your last piece of the puzzle has been put into place.
Get them checked! I had absolutely no symptoms of high prolactin even when my levels were really high.
DeleteYikes, that must have been a crazy weird feeling! Glad it seems like things are coming more into balance. Hopefully there will be good results. ;) also, how long have you been on low dose Clomid and what's your dose, wondering if it could help regulate my cycle.
ReplyDelete23 cycles on low dose Clomid: 8 cycles on 25 mg day 3-5 and 15 cycles on 50 mg day 3-5
DeleteAt least they caught the mistake before too much time passed! So glad that the levels are cooperating, and prayers for you that this continues!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news about your levels! Hoping this do I tues for you and TEBB is gone for good!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Praying that the hormone levels do, in fact, lead to a BFP!
ReplyDeleteI hope that the lower dose leads to fewer side effects for you. I hate side effects with a passion!
ReplyDeletescary.... glad you on a new dosage, side effects can be rough, especially dizziness.
ReplyDeleteGlad things are starting to look good! I'm wondering about the prolactin levels too.. for myself. That is a wee bit of a mistake on the pharmacy/dr's orders with your meds....hope the side effects go away...dizziness is scary.
ReplyDeleteI was taking the Bromocriptine for a high prolactin level - and did cut the pill in 1/2 because there was no smaller dose. The Bromo... did get my prolactin levels regulated and I'm SO happy yours are too!!! Phenomenal numbers! And no TEBB!!!! :-D That is freakin' awesome!!! :-D
ReplyDeleteWoah!! That is a bit of a mistake. Woops!! Glad it didn't do too much damage. And doing a happy dance now for lack of TEBB again! Wahooo!! I have to admit, I've been a total slacker on the lemon tea thing. I definitely did it every few days, but not sure that would be enough to make a difference. Just started CD1 today (wompwomp) so we'll see about TEBB in a few days...
ReplyDelete