1. We're still fighting the TEBB. I think we're losing. After the three-week course of antibiotics took it away for one cycle, it came back the following cycle for five days. Then we started taking the antibiotics every cycle from CD1-CD10. The first cycle had two days of a tiny bit of TEBB. The second cycle had three days (again a tiny bit). The third cycle had one day of TEBB. I wonder if maybe acupuncture helped? The fourth cycle had two days. This cycle (#5) had three days. Dr. K told me to start turmeric to try to combat it. I'm feeling maxed out in the pill department, so I was happy to find that liquid turmeric exists (and is possibly better absorbed than pill form according to Dr. Google).
2. (this is just my personal theory) The TEBB isn't just a marker for the infection in my uterus. The longer it stays around the more likely my endo will return. My theory is that the infection played a large role in the regrowth of my endo after surgery #1 in 2011. It's either that or I have some crazy genetics that make me super-predisposed to grow endo at a fast rate. (Pain during my period returned less than 16 months after surgery #1...and surgery #2 last year showed endo in all new places--no recurrence from the first surgery.) So I'm thinking that if we lose the battle with the TEBB, it's just a matter of time before the endo returns.
![]() |
| hanging out with a needle in my foot |
4. Dr. K rechecked my thyroid labs. My free T4 was low, so she increased my Synthroid dose. I don't really have symptoms of low thyroid, so it's basically just treating my lab numbers. When I started Synthroid, it was also just for my lab numbers. Apparently it's common, according to the PPVI nurse I spoke to, that after a patient takes T3 for while, her T4 drops requiring the addition of Synthroid. I had heard other patients on T3 say that this had happened to them as well.
5. I learned that a certain well-known NFP-only physician of another method (not Creighton) treats any prolactin level that is above 10 in infertility patients. My prolactin was 23 when it was last measured in 2010. I asked Dr. K what she thinks about this and if a slightly elevated prolactin could affect fertility even if I have regular cycles (around 28 days). Usually elevated prolactin would make cycles longer, but I don't have long cycles. She's rechecking my prolactin this cycle, so we'll see in a week or so during my cycle review what she says about it.









Sorry you're still IF. :( Thanks for the treatment update. Still haven't gone the acupuncture route, but it's always a thought I have. Though you don't seem to be enjoying your acupuncturist (I don't blame you -- it seems he'd be frustrating to work with), it sounds like it may be helping a little? Maybe I'll try it some day. Who knows! Also, sorry TEBB is being a pain. Ugh. I really hope it doesn't mean more endo for you!!! I wish our docs knew more about it and how to treat it. Best of luck with continued treatments!
ReplyDeleteI had an acupuncturist tell me would get me pg before we started Napro. When our six month of "guaranteed" fertility ended and I still wasn't I decided that I couldn't justify the cost. When I told him that we were discontinuing treatment he asked me, "Don't you want a baby?" I wanted to punch him out. I've dabbled in acupuncture for the past couple of years (Mr JB's BFF is a chiropractor that does it too), but it was just too much of a time commitment on top do all the other things we were doing.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for you!!!!
I am so sorry you're still here, in the IF world. Thank you for the update, even though it sounds incredibly frustrating. We just had a follow-up this morning, and reading about your continued problems is reminding me that we're not alone.
ReplyDeleteYour acupuncturist sounds like a pain. I liked the one I went to, but we couldn't afford the $240 a month it was costing after I left my job. It is so hard to know what is really helping and what is worthwhile. I'll keep you in my prayers!
IF is such a long road. :( it sounds like u have a lot going on health wise, with not a lot of answers. God bless Dr K with wisdom, and you in keeping on, keeping on.
ReplyDeleteI agree, IF for so many of us is a long road...
ReplyDeletestill reading. That doctor, I am sorry he is a pain and you don' t have other choices. Hope the prolactin gives you something else to go on. And also, I just wanted you to know that Teresa at Dr. H had me take turmeric and Dr. H freaked out and took me off. Turns out there is some very new evidence it *may cause birth defects so just fyi.
ReplyDelete