page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Thursday, September 26, 2013

TEBB: 3, me: 2

The TEBB is back.  :(  These victories are short-lived around here.

For one beautiful month, the TEBB was gone thanks to the antibiotics.  In my cycle review e-mail earlier this week, the nurse said this was "great news" and used exclamation points in more than one sentence.  Plus my P+7 numbers were the highest they have ever been...by a lot.  I could tell they were excited for us and pretty much implied, "This is your best chance to conceive. Go! Go! Go!"

I was really surprised at my P+7 numbers.  My estradiol was 35 (goal is >12; my typical is around 17), and progesterone was 58 (goal is >13; my typical is around 32).  I've had isolated spikes both the month I started Clomid and the first month at a slightly higher Clomid dose, but this month beat all previous values.  Maybe my body noticed that the infection was (temporarily) gone and decided to do its best work?  Is the infection affecting more than just the (in)hospitality of my uterine environment?  And I'm going to go there...could I have been pregnant very briefly?  Obviously I'll never know, but those numbers make me wonder.  Progesterone of 58?  Seriously?

So...about the TEBB.  To say I'm disappointed that it's back is an understatement.  Tears were shed.  Worst-case scenarios played through my mind.  The world is ending, etc.  But!  Then I remembered in the e-mail the nurse wanted me to send an update on CD10 about TEBB vs. no TEBB.  To me that means they have some more tricks up their sleeves.  Otherwise if they have no more treatment ideas, why bother having me update on CD10?  So I'm curious what Dr. K will recommend.  Antibiotics for the first part of each cycle, perhaps?  I've heard of others being on an antibiotic CD1-CD10 each cycle.  We shall see.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to remember this...

(source)

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the TEBB. and I would wonder about pregnancy too - how can you not? Praying for peace and good guidance from your doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh C :( I'm so so sorry! Stupid stupid stupid BB :(.

    Sending lots of prayers your way and hoping Dr. K has something good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the BB. I hope and pray that they have more ideas of what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry, this truly sucks. And the pregnancy, I have wondered countless times about myself too. It most likely you were pregnant, if only there was a way to test for PG early on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. K had my husband and I do Flagyl CD 1-10 after the initial 21 days when TEBB came back. We then switched to Biaxin because the Flagyl was starting to really upset my stomach. Good luck, I hope whatever she recommends works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't imagine taking those antibiotics every cycle for ten days. I couldn't do it. I hope that is not the case...that would eat your gut and ups your risk of C-Diff...(someone I worked with had a child who got that and she was sick with diarrhea for months.) Taking continuous antibiotics is not good for our systems.

    Yeah, I think that prog number is high..I would think your dr would have said something though. I would ask. I'm a need to know person myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, that is such a bummer!!! I hope that they have some good ideas for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry for the BB. Ugh....
    Our Lady of Hope, pray for Polkadot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)