page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Monday, January 14, 2013

Novena for the unborn

I'm a little late in posting this, but I wanted to share this novena that goes from January 14 to January 22, the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.  I think as IFers our prayers and sufferings offered for the unborn and for an end to abortion are especially powerful.  I sometimes think of the experience of IF as (unchosen) fasting for those who choose abortion.

Prayer for Life by Fr. Frank Pavone

God and Father of Life, You have created every human person and have opened the way for each to have eternal life. We live in the shadow of death.  Tens of millions of your children have been killed because of the Roe vs. Wade decision legalizing abortion.  Father, have mercy on us.  Heal our land and accept our offering of prayer and penance.  In your love for us, turn back the scourge of abortion.  May each of us exult in hearts full of hope and hands full of mercy and work together to build a culture of life.  We pray through Christ our Lord.  Amen.

I'm looking forward to attending the March for Life this year in DC.  I've wanted to go for a long time, and logistics finally worked out, so this will be my first time (DH's too).

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful prayer! Have a fun and prayerful time at the March for Life! I'd like to go someday but it is really far for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post this on my blog as well & begin the Novena tonight.
    Have a great March for Life! I know it will be very powerful - so many unified for the cause of the unborn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had a priest give me as part of my penance the task to pray for women who are abortion minded or have had an abortion. It was challenging at first, but brought forth so much understanding within me.

    Have an awesome time at the rally - stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We might be going to the March - it will depend on if DH can get off work & as long as the weather holds out to bring C. I'll let you know if we are... maybe we can meet up? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)