page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

PPVI news: plans for expansion

I know this is a little late, but I wanted to share this news just in case you hadn't heard about it...

The PPVI Institute announced that it is planning to expand their facility.  Exciting, right!?!  The property next door to the current PPVI building is up for sale, and PPVI is trying to purchase it.  You can read the proposal in this pdf.  They want to build an addition onto the Institute, which will enable them to have 10 physicians.  Ten NaPro physicians!!!  Can you imagine that???  Think about what that would do to the waiting times that patients currently have to endure to see one of their surgeons!  Right now they have three physicians on staff.  From the pictures, it looks like they're going to double the size of the building.

So now they're trying to raise money for the loan to buy the adjacent land which apparently is very time-sensitive.  They put out an urgent request recently with the (now past) deadline of November 21st.  I couldn't find on their website or Facebook page if they raised enough money for the land loan already.  We're on the Institute's mailing list, and we didn't receive a (paper) letter about this request until after the deadline, so maybe the deadline was more of a suggestion to show how urgent this is?  You can read the letter from Dr. Hilgers here.  If you have the means, you can donate online at the PPVI website and specify that your donation is for the capital campaign.  The letter we received asked for a donation of $750 to purchase "one unit" of the new building.

If you can't support the Institute financially, please keep them and this effort in your prayers.  I would love to see these plans become a reality.  Think of all the couples that could be helped by this expansion!  Let me say it again:  ten NaPro physicians!  How amazing would that be!

Here's a 13-minute video that details the background of NaPro and the Institute.  There are some great pictures of Dr. Hilgers from the 70s or 80s in the first 3.5 minutes.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so cool! I didn't know anything about the expansion. Unfortunately, they're taking most of my discretionary spending, so prayers will have to do ... God has got the biggest pocketbook of all, and I'll be praying that He provides. I'm excited at the prospect of faster turn around times, etc. I know the docs there are overworked and all, so I don't complain *too* much about lagging response times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that letter too, so glad they are expanding! We sent in a donation and I hope they got enough. I didn't hear either whether they did or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)