page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

HCG success

Yay!  My first self-administered HCG shot went well!  I didn't feel it at all.  And, more importantly, I didn't faint or even get dizzy (pre-fainting).  The anticipation while holding the syringe was horrible though.  My skin was red from pinching and then letting go because I would get too nervous and chicken out.  Repeat that times nine or ten…  I had a video playing on the computer for a little mental distraction (not a visual distraction, of course).  I may have closed my eyes for a fraction of a second while shoving the needle into my thigh but then all was well.  I seriously had to double check that the needle was actually in my thigh because I didn't feel it go in.  So, yes, the shot should be painless if done correctly.  I did fire off a few last-minute prayers to a couple saints because I was really nervous.  St. Thomas More was my go-to guy for prayers that it would go okay.  St. Ignatius of Loyola too.  And St. Oswald...DH and I like to ask him for prayers because we figure he's less busy than other saints since his feast day only happens once every four years (February 29th).  ;)  Even if this was a silly request, they came through for me.

3 comments:

  1. Great! I am glad it went well. HCG injections may be in my future after my next surgery so I will know who to refer to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad it went ok!! You are funny about the saints...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it went well!!! Take from a former needle-phobe, it gets easier!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)