page html

 photo titlehome_zps68ff2d5e.png  photo titleIFarticles_zps04be05bb.png  photo titlelearnCrms_zpsafd2d58c.png  photo titletinysurgeon_zps302cf518.png  photo titletinyblessing_zpsb145b495.png  photo titleemail_zpsaea060a0.png  photo tiny twitter_zps6w5w81x0.png  photo tiny pinterest_zpsk3mumyap.png

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Medical update

My appointment with the hematologist is this week.  I was definitely more anxious about it back when the appointment was made two months ago.  Maybe having to wait this long has been a good thing in disguise.  Now I just feel resigned to whatever I find out from the doctor.  Whatever it is, I hope it's fixable.  :)

In other news, I don't think I mentioned the results of my endometrial biopsy.  The pathology report never showed up in my online record (not sure why) but no one ever called me about it so I assume it was normal.  However, the culture showed Group B strep.  That might explain why I still have tail-end brown bleeding (TEBB)...the antibiotic I took (before the biospy) does not cover GBS.  I haven't had any mid-cycle spotting since finishing that antibiotic, so maybe it did some good?  I am excited that we know what bacteria we're facing.  There's less guessing with the next antibiotic choice.  :)  I hear these low grade uterine infections can be tough to eliminate, so I don't know how long it will take, but I'm ready to kiss this TEBB goodbye.  My chart will look so pretty without the TEBB...one more step toward a normal-looking cycle.  :)

7 comments:

  1. I had uterine strep found during my lap. First they tried ammox, but that didn't clear up the TEBB. The cycle we tried biaxin was the cycle we conceived! Hopefully a little antibiotic will get rid of that nasty TEBB for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to request Strep testing, or is it a normal part of the endo biopsy? I'm wondering if this could be my issue, because I don't think Dr Toth tested for that specifically... I would love to be rid of TEBB for good, but can't keep taking cyclical abx, after all the abx I've been on for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same question as TCIE... But so glad to hear that they found this. You are on the right path:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Napro doc put me on antibiotics to help clear up my TEBB, but it wasn't until I had my laparotomy that it finally stopped. TEBB sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the right attitude, to know what you are facing is a huge step forward. I love your hopefulness and I think it is realistic as well! Knowing our bacteria was our final puzzle piece (for now at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. TCIE and Awaiting, I have no idea. Sorry. :( If I had to make a totally uneducated guess...I would say you don't have to ask for strep specifically. When they do a culture, don't they just put the sample in medium and if any bacteria grows, they identify what type it is?? I will ask my NaPro doc for sure the next time I see him, but that won't be for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. :)